Music is an important part of our church’s identity and heritage. Graded children’s choirs teach our children musical concepts as well as a love for worship and the traditional hymns and spiritual songs of the church. Children’s choirs are offered for children in from age 3 – Grade 5 each Wednesday night during the school year from 6:00-6:40 p.m.
Why Should Your Children Join a Children's Choir?
- We teach them to sing. Children who can’t yet follow a melody CAN learn to do so—if they come to rehearsal regularly. Those who already sing tunefully will learn vocal and music-reading skills that will stay with them throughout their lives.
- We train them as worship leaders. We are building the church choirs of tomorrow.
- We augment their Christian education. We remember best the Scripture, praise, and prayers that we have sung.
- We offer the opportunity for children to learn firsthand about serving God with their time and talents.
- Children who sing in choirs develop poise that transfers into all areas of their lives.