Missions is essential to the character and witness of the First Baptist Church of Christ at Macon. As the “mother” church for many of Macon’s Baptist churches, FBCX has been involved in starting other congregations in areas where the Gospel could be heard. FBCX’s commitment to missions, historically and currently, extends from the top of Poplar Street throughout the world. FBC helped fund and start the first Southern Baptist hospital outside of the United States, in China, in 1903. On a national level, members of FBCX have been involved in missions endeavors, including the formation of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, that shape us still today. Locally, FBCX has continued its history of living out the Gospel of Jesus by engaging our community and underserved neighbors. In past years, from children to older adults, FBC has participated in mission trips from Liberia, to inner-city Miami, to Koinonia Farms in Americus, GA and many places in between. The legacy of missions at FBCX is deep and wide and continues to shape our discipleship and fellowship as a community of faith that seeks to be the presence of Christ in our world.
- Crisis Closet: FBCX distributes food and clothing to the needy once a month.
- Circle of Hope: FBCX women helping women in need on issues of nutrition, job skills, computer skills, and earning money. COH also works to develop computer proficiency and operates the FBC Christmas Store, where toys and gifts are sold at a discount rate to those in need.
- English as a Second Language: A ministry to our international friends, helping them learn English as well orienting them to our community. ESL is a partnership with Central GA Technical College.
- Global Women: an organization of women who have monthly projects to help women around the world and locally.
- Roundtable: Explores missional living through invited speakers, readings, and studies.
- FBCX Knit-Wits: Knits items to give to shut-ins and people going through medical treatment of various kinds.
- Volunteers in Schools: a mission to the poorest schools in our county to help children read.
- Youth Mission Trips: Recent trips have including working with Koinonia Farm, Andrew Stewart Center in Atlanta, Touching Miami with Love, various urban ministries in Washington, DC, hurricane relief in Mississippi through CBF, and Mission Arlington. The youth also participate in Passport mission camps and CBFGA’s March Mission Madness.
- Mercer on Mission – www.mercer.edu/mom
- Habitat for Humanity – www.habitat.org – FBC partners with other local partners (Highland Hills Baptist and Mercer University) to build houses locally
- Loaves and Fishes Ministry – A local ministry that provides food, clothing, shelter and assistance to our underserved neighbors.
- Salvation Army – www.salvationarmy-georgia.org - The Macon branch of the Salvation Army offers clothing, shelter and assistance to our underserved neighbors
- Macon Rescue Mission – www.maconrescuemission.com – A ministry to our homeless and underserved neighbors.
- Rebuilding Together – www.rebuildingtogether.org – The nation’s leading nonprofit working to preserve affordable homeownership and revitalize communities. Our local Rebuilding Together affiliate concentrates its efforts in the Lynmore Estates community of South Macon, where homes and lives are being revitalized and renewed.
Cooperative Baptist Fellowship of GA – www.cbfga.org
McAfee School of Theology – theology.mercer.edu
Cooperative Baptist Fellowship – www.thefellowship.info
Baptist World Alliance - www.bwanet.org
Ricks Institute of Liberia – www.ricksonline.org
Haiti Outreach Ministries – www.haitioutreachministries.org